- Pregnancy – At Empowered Pregnancy, we work with families to maximize their preconception health and to determine the most appropriate prenatal course for each individual family. We also host support groups with other expecting mothers, and their families, along with providing educational classes and skills taught by Certified Nurse-Midwives all to promote safe physiological labor and birth.
- Labor & Delivery – Empowered Pregnancy Birth Center was developed to help reduce a woman’s chance of having a c/section while offering her a safe and comfortable space for labor and birth. Our experienced Certified Nurse-Midwives are trained in differentiating the normal from the abnormal, early on in the process, when there is time to make appropriate changes to the birth plan. If a situation would arise when it is no longer safe for the mother or baby to stay in the birth center, a smooth transition would be made to the closest local hospital suitable to care for the medical needs of our clients.
- Postpartum care and support: We offer both in-home or in-clinic assessment for both mother and infant between 24 and 48 hours. For those parents desiring circumcision for their son, this appointment must take place in our clinic. We also assess both mother and baby in our clinic at 2, 4, and 6 weeks. During these assessments, we will be monitoring: breastfeeding, bonding, family adaptation, and postpartum depression along with other concerns that a new mother may have.
- Newborn care for the first 28 days of life: Families can opt to have their care of their healthy infant done by their delivering midwife. The midwife will provide growth and developmental assessments, newborn screenings along with family support. Gentle circumcision is available, on-site, between 24 hours and 7 days for those families that choose this procedure.
When you have a Certified Nurse Midwife you have a Midwife for Life. Certified Nurse-Midwives are trained in the assessment, treatment, and proper referral for all a woman’s health care needs starting at puberty and continuing throughout her life. Your midwife will take the time to listen to your concerns and needs before developing a health care plan with you. As a team, you and your midwife will come up with a plan to increase your level of current health and decrease your future health risk.
- Birth Control Prescription
- IUD Insertion and Removal
- Yearly Exams
- Sexual Health
- Nutritional Counseling
- Primary Care
- Emotional Support
While breastfeeding is a healthy, natural feeding option for babies, it can be difficult to achieve for many new mothers. Luckily, lactation services can help new mothers breastfeed their babies comfortably, with less pain and fuss.
Lactation services are designed to help mothers reach their breastfeeding needs. This often involves troubleshooting breastfeeding problems, such as:
- A baby who won’t latch onto the nipple
- A baby who falls asleep on the breast
- Overlong breastfeeding sessions
- Insufficient breast milk
- Nipple pain and discomfort
- Mental and physical breastfeeding deterrents (i.e., postpartum depression)
Our expert team can help you address these issues with helpful tips and insights. We’ll also answer any questions that you have about breastfeeding and help with any health complications that may arise from breastfeeding. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and learn more about our lactation service offerings.