Certified Nurse-Midwifery Care
We will work with clients to maximize preconception health, determine the most appropriate prenatal appointment schedule, find support with other expecting families and provide education and skills to enhance the experience of an unmedicated labor and birth.
Studies have shown that out of hospital birth is a safe option for low risk women. Both the American College of Nurse Midwives and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists support birth centers as safe locations to labor and give birth in. The World Health Organization’s position is that women should give birth wherever they feel safe.
Certified Nurse Midwives are trained in differentiating the normal from the abnormal. If there is any indication that a woman’s labor is progressing abnormally, a smooth transition will be made to a higher level of care at Evergreen Hospital, located just across the street from the center.
Certified Nurse Midwife Owned & Operated
- Complimentary meet and great: Sit down with a midwife and discover if Empowered Pregnancy is a right fit for you
- Take out in home services
- Take out labor and delivery
Preconception care: The CDC recommends that all women should see their care provider at least four months before they conceive. Our midwives offer a thorough preconception review of your health history, immunizations status, and physical. Then, as a team, you and your midwife will come up with a plan that puts you in optimal health for pregnancy.
- Pregnancy care: At Empowered Pregnancy we believe that the expectant mother is the most important part of the health care team. We work with our mothers from conception through the postpartum period to develop a plan of care that is in align with her particular needs and wants.
- We offer group prenatal care for those mothers who desire a community approach to pregnancy: Group prenatal care is a combination of routine health assessment of the mother and her baby along with group discussions that are facilitated by one of our midwives. Discussion topics ranging from pregnancy diet and exercise, what to expect as a new parent, labor, breastfeeding and many more.
Group prenatal care is perfect for those mothers who have busy schedules and want to have a predictable appoint day and time throughout their pregnancy.
- Postpartum care and support: We offer both in home or in clinic assessment for both mother and infant between 24 and 48 hours. For those parents desiring circumcision for their son this appoint must take place in our clinic.
We also assess both mother and baby in our clinic at 2, 4, and 6 weeks. During these assessments we will be monitoring: breastfeeding, bonding, family adaptation, and postpartum depression along with other concerns that a new mother may have.
- Newborn care for the first 28 days of life: Families can opt to have their care of their healthy infant done by their delivering midwife. The midwife will provide growth and developmental assessments, newborn screenings along with family support. Circumcision is available, on site, between 24 hours and 7 days for those families that choose this procedure.